Students will explore dance styles and develop their own technique and appreciation for dance performance. There is a strong practical and performance element with students working in groups to contribute and create choreography.
Students will experience the following:
- Developing dance terminology
- Developing the concepts of dance making
- Students will participate in the performance evening at the end of semester
- Dance theory
- Physical skills
- Analytical (written) appreciation of dance
- Dance appropriate terminology
- Technical application of dance concepts
Possible Assessment Tasks
- Making and presenting a dance piece which explores a range of themes, issues and ideas
- Submission of a journal/workbook
- Contribution to class activities and workshops
School teacher, Fitness Instructor, Personal trainer, Choreographer, Dietician, Physiotherapist, Sport Management, Yoga/Pilates Instructor, Dance Teacher, Occupational Therapist.