This subject aims to develop skills that will enable students to design, write and produce electronic documents suitable for publishing on the internet.
The Year 9 Coding Online course will be largely practical in nature with the following broad topics covered:
- Planning and designing web sites and other multimedia texts for a specific purpose and audience.
- Producing and preparing images for use in web pages including photographs, buttons, banners, roll-overs and logos
- Creating simple programs/games in Scratch
Students will develop skills with Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects to produce professional looking online content as well as develop an understanding of the design process. Students will be introduced to coding using HTML and Scratch
Possible Assessment Tasks
- Produce a virtual tour of the school campus
- Produce a folio of documents that show increasing understanding of the software and design techniques
- Produce a design brief
- Produce simple computer programs and games
- Projects may include web sites and games
Web designer/developer, YouTuber, animator, motion graphics artist, web administrator, online publicist, online content developer, film/TV director, editor.