In year 10, the students design and complete a project of their choice, documenting the design process in a workbook. The main material is metal and the tools are those that are related to working with metal. The cost of materials are based upon student choices and met by the student.
The students complete a folio on the stages and steps of the product and design process, complete the production of their design then evaluate the product against criteria and end user feedback.
The students develop design and production skills learning how to apply these to correctly, safely to use tools and equipment to complete their project, including but no limited to:
- Welding (MIG, Arc and TIG)
- Metal fabrication
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Jewelry making
- Cold metal forming
- CNC Plasma cutting and programming
Possible Assessment Tasks
- Production Plan (Per Group) – Students work though the product design process to develop their intended product
- Production Success – Safely select and use a wide range of metalworking tools and equipment
- Evaluation of Production -Students complete an individual reflection of their progress and success in the production of their product
Machining, Steel Fabrication, Boiler making, Welding, Scaffolding, Mechanics, Engineering